Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Curiosity of Beginning.

I started my new job in one of the largest dairy company in the world. To me every beginning is end of one. In other words, without the previous beginning we will not have this new one. We must learn from history and excel from it. I bring with me much greatness and I left buried many, trials and failures.

Like Coca Cola, it has a colorful beginning and ends. Here are some highlights

May 1886 : Beginning of Coca Cola. Average daily sales was 6
1917 – Average daily sales 3 million
1985 – Coca Cola changed formula and lost market share. They did a re-called of the old formula to meet drinkers demand.
1993 – 10 billion cases sold worldwide
Today – Largest Brand Name with USD 50 billion turnover.


I was like a curious cat as I joined the new company, although the curiosity has not killed me yet. I found the company to be exciting, with many platforms for learning. My colleagues were great, ones who cherish in many ways life, and yet committed to the company. The industry is a healthy as it claims.

All is good and will be good. Wish me luck as I help the company take the RM 9.00 for a pack of cigarette and make the consumer drink more milk


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on yr new 'healthy' job.

I loved reading yr blog re:yr reasons for moving on to greener pastures.

For a person yr age...ur very matured n hv a great mind. No job in d world is worth yr life...u did right!!!!

Waiting for more good reads frm u.

Love,
Sumathi

WaiKit said...

HI Sumathi,

Thank you for your kind words :)

Carolyn (Lil' Dahling) said...

Wishing you good luck in your new endeavours! Imagine from a company that has products hazardous to your health to a company that has products good for your health. LOL. It's not like you were unhealthy before.

Hey, Dutch Lady got special prices or ration for staff right? My daughter drinks Dutch Lady 1 2 3. Can get special price ah? ;)

WaiKit said...

Lil,

The prices in Hypermarkets are cheaper. Check out the hypers for this month, its very cheap now. Tesco cheapest at RM 20.99

And thank you for being a loyal customer for DL. Please join our current promotion Dwi Ganjaran :) heheh

Anonymous said...

not like i need more milk, seeing where i'm heading off to next!

have a good life, wherever you may be. a

nd remember to send me an invite to your big day or has it happened already? man, time flies. sorry for the long absences in between. i'd like to think we are friends not merely colleagues, (ex) or not.

WaiKit said...

Will you come back? Well happy studying and be kind to the farm animals there, especially the cows. They pay my salary in a way.

Keep intouch and stay in touch at I Have A Coke...

Carolyn (Lil' Dahling) said...

LOL the cows pay your salary in a way. That's hilarious.

Wow! Didn't know that hypermarkets are cheaper. Oh I've been a fan of DL for the longest time. Mom gave me DL when I was a kid like Eliza too.

Anonymous said...

It seems you have more time to blog nowadays.

Glad to hear that all is well there (as if i didn't already know).

As for me well, for all the, extra extra hours I'm putting in these days and now, I would have to say I'm much much more satisfied with my job and my enviroment.

No more frustrations, just happy me doing work in my cozy silo :)

Anonymous said...

i will leave that question unanswered for now. many doors are opening and i am super excited at the uncertainty, to which i am only certain for this is my path.

yes, we should be in touch more. and yes, i promise to be kind to the cows there.

WaiKit said...

Hi Riot, great that you have stopped rioting and spending quite time plotting your next strategy. But remember, keep our motto going, rebel without a cause

Hi Lil, Dutch Lady, a trusted brand, from generation to generation

Min, great that you are excited about uncertainty. Element of suprises and how you manage them builds characters.