Friday, February 13, 2009

Let there be love...

It has been 44 days into the year, and I looked back in these days, I see lesser of love in our world today. From the conflict in Gaza and Sri Lanka, to the weird politics of Malaysia; the inhumanity of people towards animals to the ill-treatment of migrants and suspects. Has love reached a stage of extinction?

Many would argue, there is love amongst them. You see lovers exchanging gifts during Valentines and millions of forwarded SMSes to family and friends, but really, is love only for these group of people? Have we express our love , in various form and ways , to our colleagues, the public servants , our maids, the foreign workers , your neighbors, GOD, your office pantry lady, your pets, to Mother Nature , to the orphans, less fortunate, homeless and most importantly also, to YOURSELF

Many say, why do we express love only during Valentines? Shouldn’t love be an everyday affair? Yes, I agree, but to those who said that, ask yourself again, do you practice love to the above every day? If not, why not start on Valentines 2009. Express your love, in any way, to at least one of the above.

For me, I will do the following :
1. Cook a Valentine meal for my gf.
2.Wish Happy Valentines to my family.
3.Buy a gift for my furkid.
4. Send a special valentine note to a fellow blogger, who is having a tough time in her life.
5.Make a donation to church, for their onwards contribution to the needy (although I am tying this to another reason)
6.Buy new plants for my garden
7.And lastly, smile to everyone and try and wish them Happy Valentine’s Day

Let there be more love….. Love that Coke

3 comments:

kreazi said...

Hey WaiKit, thanks for the V Day message and most of all, thanks for all the positive vibes you've sent thru. This world is indeed a better place to live in with love all around. Hope your gf will enjoy the special Valentine's dinner you're cooking up for her :)

Anonymous said...

i love what you've written Bro... it inevitably got my mind to wander a bit... n got my journalistic juice flowin a bit... n i thought i've done quite a bit in this sense of sharing love... in fact, i may seem to share too much (for those who do not really know me)... but i'm really glad for what i've shared to those who know me... everyday is a Valentine's in many ways... it's not special when it's a special day, but special when it's a normal day - days when u least expect it to be special... anyway, thanks for trigerrin this little thought of mine... wonderful home-cooked meal u had there! Tomato is lucky!

WaiKit said...

Hi Des,

I know you personally and i have known alot from those who are you friend. The love and care you gave to them could not be defined and given a value. The true benefit of your love, can only be felt and the feeling is individual.

I am happy that the world has someone like you, un-selfish in sharing your love