Monday, June 9, 2008

Entry, Exit, Entry..

According to Business Today. (November 7-21, 1993) , in its article "The Real Story - An Exclusive Account of How Coca-Cola India President Jayadev Raja Plans to Challenge Pepsi", it stated that Coca-Cola, reentered India in 1993, after having withdrawn from the country in the late 1970s, in the wake of the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA) of 1973. Coca-Cola's reentry was driven both by competitive factors and the company's own global plans. Global rival Pepsi had entered India in 1990 and by 1993 had captured a 25% market share. Coca-Cola could not stay behind.
My organization is in a way like India. So inviting and tempting, so forgiving and generous, so great and mighty, that many have returned after leaving my esteemed organization. Don't get me wrong, I am not condemning the returns, but I am highlighting that , how green the pasture is the other side, this side although lesser green, its still nourished and fresh.
My policy is always to grow with the company. There will always be a lousy boss, there will always be as$%^le colleagues, there surely will be stupid work that you do, and the ever popular, the 'selling-outs', but remember, there has always been the great gatherings, the time when your boss pats you on the back, or the time when your colleagues stay up late together with you to finish up your reports. For all the bads, it should have started from a couple of goods.
I counted at least 1/2 dozen time I was tempted to resign. But somehow, in God's will, there is a someone who managed to talked me out. There was once a senior manager, who has resigned, there were a few colleagues and there was one 'kakak', who did not speak to me, but her actions made me realise, how great this company is.
It's easy to write a resignation letter, and easier to do the exit interview but its as much harder to stay with a job, and live up to the expectation. Take that as a challenge and never give up. Remember Coca-Cola Company's "Exist to benefit and refresh everyone it touches".
Always Coca-Cola, Always One Force.

No comments: