Monday, June 23, 2008

My (Coca-Cola) Fan Base

I have discovered recently, I have a big fan base, larger than I thought, who religiously follow postings in my blog. Now, I may have exaggerateda bit with the words 'big', 'fan' and 'religiously'. But Coca-Cola in the other hand, have a large fan base. A Google search on 'Coca-Cola Fan Club' , gives 1640 results (in 0.03 seconds). When I searched " Wai Kit Fan Club", no results.

I asked one of my 'fan' today, what he liked most about my blog. He said the rumours. For the sixth time, I am not a rumour monger!! I guess people who reads my blog finds education and amusement the same time. The fact that my blogging style may be uniquely Coca Cola, my 'fan' feels that they know the Coca Cola much better now ; and the fact that my blog informs them of the latest, my 'fan' now have more 'rumours' to talk about during lunch.

I thought of starting a Facebook Group, but then I am afraid that I may not have time to entertain all my FAN. So, I think I will just stick to this blog . Coca-Cola in Facebook, has over 500 groups! Interestingly, Coca Cola Company does not have an official fan club. I once wrote to them before, through F&N Malaysia, they never did reply me.

Having brought up F&N Malaysia, let me explain my sadness how Coca Cola sole distributor in Malaysia are doing such a lousy job in marketing this brand. Allow me to show you one example. go to myCOKE Promo and you can only find the VERY OLD Vanilla Coke promo and the Beijing Olympics promo. Have they forgotten about Euro 2008 (although they have 'below the line' promos.)

You all know why I like Coca Cola from my recent posting Top 5 Reasons , but if F&N or Coca Cola Asia Pacific continue to ignore us fan, I think I may post 'reasons' why I, a true Coca Cola Fan, hates........

No comments: